There are several reasons why you might want to download a YouTube video on your local PC storage. For instance, if you’re going to an area with a poor or unstable internet connection, you may need to save the video locally to view it at your convenience. Also, if you’re trying to merge the video with another piece of content, you may need to download it locally first.
Regardless of your aim or situation, YouTube just won’t let you download videos or audio to your local PC storage. But there’s an easy way around this.
This tutorial will reveal how you can download YouTube videos for free.
Six Best Websites to Download YouTube Videos for Free and How to Use Them
The websites we’ll discuss below are super easy to use and follow similar processes. The best part is that they’re mostly cloud-based, so you do not need to install anything on your PC to get started.
By Click Downloader
By Click Downloader offers various download options, including single videos, playlists, and entire video collections of channels. There is a free version, but users need to purchase a license to access all its features.
To download a YouTube video on your PC, you need the following:
- Visit byclickdownloader.com and download their application
- Install it on your device
- Open the application and paste the YouTube link
- Download a preferred video
- Support for various video qualities, such as 8K, 4K, 1080p, and 720p
- Multiple formats support, including MP4, 3GP, MP3, WAV, and AAC
- Unlimited simultaneous downloads
- It can download private YouTube video
- Requires installation
- The free version has limitations
This free YouTube downloader makes it easy for users to download YouTube videos in high-quality video and audio formats.
This can be completed in 3 simple steps:
- Visit youtubemp4.to on your browser
- Paste the YouTube link in the URL box
- Download the generated video in your preferred quality and format
- It’s very easy to use
- Completely free of charge
- No registrations required
- Some videos may download without sound when saved in lower resolutions
- Your converted video can only be downloaded in 720p or less
Y2Mate is another online YouTube video downloader you can use for free. But unlike YouTubeMP4, Y2Mate allows you to download videos in 1080p.
It also comes with a light chrome extension you can install on your chrome browser (not your local PC storage). That way, you can download YouTube videos even faster.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit y2mate.com on your browser
- Paste the link to your required YouTube video and click start to proceed
- Download the video in your desired format and quality
Simply insert pp after youtube in your browser’s URL box, and it’ll automatically take you to Y2Mate with your video ready to be downloaded.
You can also install the chrome extension on your browser. That way, it will automatically detect your YouTube videos and let you download them faster.
- It has a clean, simple interface
- Allows you to download videos in a wide variety of formats
- Entirely free for unlimited downloads and requires no registration
- Ads on the page can be disruptive
Download4.cc comes as a free online YouTube downloader and as a standalone software application. The tool allows you to download your videos in 4K, and this makes it a superb choice.
It also allows you to download in other formats, such as 3GP, MP4, FLV, WEBM, etc.
The tool follows the same basic process as the others:
- Visit download4.cc
- Paste the YouTube video’s link in the URL box
- Click on Paste URL Now and wait a few seconds
- Identify your desired video quality and hit Download
- Right-click on the generated video and select Save As to download
- It has a clean interface
- Offers a wide variety of download options
- The 4K and 1080p options aren’t available on the web version. You’ll need to install the app on your PC
- The download process is slightly more lengthy than other tools
Savefrom.net offers a straightforward way to download YouTube videos. The platform allows you to download YouTube videos in multiple formats, just like other platforms.
It also has a chrome extension as well as a downloadable software application.
To use the online version. Here’s what you can do:
- Go to en.savefrom.net
- Paste your youtube video’s link in the box and hit Download
- Click on the drop-down button and select your desired video quality
- Your video will load on a new tab. Simply right-click on the page and choose Save As to save the video
For faster download, write ss in front of youtube in the video’s URL as shown below:
- It offers a fast way to download YouTube videos
- Free of charge with no registration requirements
- To download in Full HD resolutions, you’ll need to install the application
- Some video formats may be downloaded without sound
Catchvideo allows you to download YouTube through its website and a browser extension.
It also has an android app for android phone users.
To download your video on Catchvideo, you only need to do the following:
- Visit catchvideo.net
- Paste the YouTube video’s URL in the box and click Catch!
- Scroll down and download your video in your desired format
- Completely free of charge
- Offers multiple download formats
- The interface looks outdated
- More challenging to navigate compared to other tools
- It doesn’t allow you to download videos in 4K
Now that you’ve learned about the various tools for downloading YouTube videos, saving your favorite videos won’t be a problem anymore. If you’re also interested in YouTube to MP3 conversion, we have got you covered with that as well.
Note that the tools we listed can also download videos from several other websites, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Are you looking to create your own videos?
We have a bunch of guides you can use to get started ASAP! Feel free to check them out here.