Vlogging: to some, it is a hobby, and to others, it is purely business. However, it is a well-known fact that when your hobby becomes your business, there is no limit to what you can achieve!
So, perhaps you’ve been looking to take your vlog to the next level and have been searching for means to get this goal on the road. Among other things, one sure-fire way to achieve this is to vlog every day.
But how do you vlog every day without burning out and running dry on ideas?
Vlogging every day may seem like a herculean task, but once you jump on it with the right motivation and guidelines, you’ll realize it is not just easier than it appears; it is also fun and enlightening!
So, in today’s article, we’ll be revealing pro tips on how to vlog every day, why you should vlog every day, and more!
Sounds like fun? Let’s get to it!
Pros and Cons: Is Daily Vlogging Worth It?
Owing to the level of effort that goes into daily vlogging, a lot of people get skeptical about the whole point of vlogging every day.
But, is daily vlogging worth it?
First, we will quickly take a look at the pros and cons of daily vlogging. Then, we will weigh on these and draw our conclusion.
Pros of Daily Vlogging
Whether you’re a noob or a pro, here are the upsides of daily vlogging that should interest you:
- Growth— With consistent content, you’ll see your channel getting pushed to the fore by platform algorithms, and this results in a steady growth of your subscriber base.
- Improved Reach Stats—You’ll find that your vlogs are beginning to reach more people, even outside your subscriber base. Along with this, with more content, you will have more chances of going viral.
- More Money—Your growth and reach all translates to more chances of getting higher ad revenue and sponsorships.
- Improved Filming and Editing Skills—Daily vlogging gets you neck-deep in the game, and this considerably improves your filming and editing skills. Also, you’ll see yourself getting more comfortable and confident filming videos.
- It’s Fun, Enlightening, and Memorable—Daily vlogging leaves you with a lot of fond memories. Also, you’ll be able to find specific types of videos that work for your channel and focus on them. Ultimately, you’ll build trust and good relationships doing what you love.
Cons of Daily Vlogging
There is no coin without a second side! Thus, for all the pros of daily vlogging, there are cons to consider! Let’s get to them!
- It is Time Consuming—It allows you little time for other things. This can actually be exhausting, especially without planning.
- It’s tough if you’re not used to Filming—Some people get jumpy in front of cameras, and if you’re one of these, daily vlogging might look like torture—at least for the first few days.
- Lack of Privacy—When you’re vlogging every day, you’ll probably have your whole life on the screen. Many vloggers vlog about their entire day, and this can be hard sometimes.
- You will see a lot of Trolls—This is quite different from constructive criticism, trolls are there to bully, and with daily vlogging, you’ll see them a lot more often.
So, with all that being said, is daily vlogging worth it?
Obviously, if you weigh between the pros and cons, you’ll see that its good sides far outweigh its bad sides. So, over to the next section!
How to Vlog Every Day: 10 Best Tips to Follow
Let’s say you’ve decided to start a daily vlogging challenge. How do you vlog every day? How do you maintain top-notch quality while dishing out content on a daily basis?
Here are some techniques you can use! These tips will be helpful if you’re looking for how to make daily vlogging interesting.
Tip #1. Define your Challenge
Why are you embarking on this? What’s the structure of your daily vlogging—every day for one month, two months, or one year? You have to define these things so you can know how to make plans and follow them through with ease.
Tip #2. Move-in Gently
Especially if you’re a newbie, starting a daily vlogging challenge can be too challenging for you. In such situations, you might want to just move in a little slow but structured manner.
Start off by vlogging weekly for some time. When you’ve started to settle into the groove, you can advance into vlogging daily. Just take your time because if you force it, you might end up releasing several wacky vlog content.
Tip #3. Take Advantage of Popular Daily Vlogging Challenges
They serve as a source of motivation because you get to see thousands of other vloggers getting on the grind and putting out content consistently.
Seek out these everyday vlogging challenges and jump on them for inspiration.
Want to check out YouTubers who take on these challenges? Here are a few!
Vlog Every Day of the Year Example
Tip #4. Use a Monthly Content Calendar
Monthly content calendars—like the ones we have—contain tons of daily events and unofficial holidays for each month of the year, along with content ideas and pro tips!
Each day of the month comes with at least three events, along with weekly and monthly themes to inspire consistent content creation. So far, we’ve compiled content calendars running from November 2019.
A content calendar helps you plan content ahead of time, making it easier for you to just get into your vlog for the day.
Tip #5. Follow a Schedule
This is useful when you don’t want daily vlogging to gulp up your whole day.
Set a specific time for filming and dedicate a specific amount of time to the task. Having done this, ensure you stick to it. You can set reminders on your mobile phones. This takes discipline, but that’s the whole point!
Tip #6. Ensure Your Equipment Remains in Good Shape All the Time
With daily vlogging, any technical breakdown will result in late uploads or no uploads at all. So, to ensure you avoid the stress associated with such issues, always ensure your filming and recording gear are in good shape. If you can get a spare camera, great! Note that while your video quality is essential, your audio quality is mission-critical.
It is also important to have a camera everywhere you go. These days it has become way easier because of smartphones, so that’d be a good plus for you.
Tip #7. Don’t Ignore Post-Production
A lot of people don’t bother about their editing because they’re putting out content daily. It’s better to put out high-quality videos weekly or monthly than put out the trash on a daily basis. It will be hard to see good results!
So how do you make videos every day while keeping your editing on a 100? The simple answer is to use a highly efficient, easy-to-use video editor.
With such editors, you can run awesome edits on your videos in 5 minutes!
Tip #8. Use Templates!
Creating thumbnails and video sections from scratch every day can be daunting. So, to streamline the process, make use of any templates you can find.
For video intro and outro templates, Biteable is a great option.
Switch up your location: Filming from a couch in your sitting room might seem simple and comfortable, but it makes a lot of sense to add some variety to your choice of location. You should take advantage of the awesome sceneries around your locality. This gives your videos a background that makes them more aesthetic.
Don’t Film Everything: Indeed, daily vlogging entails a lot of filming, a lot of which covers your daily life activities. This is the basic idea, and a lot of people do it. However, if you pay more attention to interesting issues and not every random thing, it will not just help you in post-production but also make your viewers eager to watch your next video.
Tip #9. Pay Attention to What Others are Doing
Whether you’re planning to vlog every day of the month or every day of the year, chances are there are several other vloggers doing just the same.
You will easily see them with just a simple search on YouTube, TikTok, Likee, or your preferred platform. Find these people and see what they’re doing, and apply their strategies if any of them appeals to you.
Tip #10. Expect Criticism and Trolls
No matter what you do, there’s usually a hater around. Even the best videos on YouTube still get a lot of hate comments regularly. Expect this to happen to you, but ensure you give your best.
In essence, accept constructive criticisms and ignore the plain hateful ones. These are part of the things that make vlogging exciting. Also, ensure you engage with the feedback in the comment section. With more comments coming in your blog, the platform’s algorithm will see your videos as engaging and push them to more people.
Vlogging every day is an excellent idea for several reasons, and if you’ve decided to try it out, our techniques should be able to help you get started.
It takes a great deal of discipline, patience, persistence, and passion to have the best daily vlogging experience. Ultimately, it will be worth it!
Here’s a giant compilation of 107 vlogging tools to boost your experience. Also, ensure you try a copy of Animotica, our easy-to-use, magical video editor.
Download it for free here.
What is the best time to vlog each day?
Wondering about the best time to film or post your vlogs? There’s no universal answer to this. It depends on your content, your audience, and their time zones.
To figure out the ideal time for you, start by understanding your target audience. Do students, young professionals, or seniors make up your viewership? Each group has different online habits. Understand them to maximize engagement.
For instance, if students make up your audience, you’ll likely get the most views after school or on weekends. If you’re targeting working people, they might watch your vlogs during their commute or after work.
If your viewers are from around the globe, time zone differences can complicate things. In this case, consider posting when it’s evening in both Eastern and Pacific Standard Time. It will give a wide range of viewers the opportunity to see your content either in their evening or morning.
Keep track of your vlogging platform‘s analytics. It can show you any changes in your audience’s viewing habits. Adjusting your posting schedule based on these findings can keep your audience engaged.
When it comes to filming, variety is key. A mix of morning, afternoon, and evening shoots can keep things interesting. Test different times and see what your viewers prefer.
Lastly, make sure the time you pick matches your schedule. Vlogging should be a fun part of your day, not a stressful chore.
What equipment do I need for daily vlogging?
Sure, vlogging is a game of storytelling through visuals, and to do so, you need some essential tools in your hands.
First and foremost, you’ll need a good camera. Smartphones these days are equipped with excellent cameras that can serve your vlogging needs just fine, particularly if you’re new to the game. However, if your budget allows, you can go for a dedicated vlogging camera that offers higher resolution, better low-light performance, and additional features.
You won’t get far with shaky footage, so you’ll want to invest in a tripod or a gimbal stabilizer. These tools can help you ensure your videos remain steady and professional-looking.
Lighting is another important factor to consider. Natural light is usually the preferred option, but there will be instances when you need to shoot indoors or in low-light conditions. For these instances, a dedicated light source like a ring light can work wonders in making your video look more professional.
Don’t forget about audio. The sound quality of your videos can have a huge impact on viewer engagement. A poor audio experience can be a real turn-off, so consider investing in a good external microphone.
Finally, you’ll need editing software. There’s no shortage of free and paid options out there, but some solid choices to consider include Adobe Premiere Pro for an all-out professional approach, iMovie and Filmora for more budget-conscious vloggers and Animotica for its user-friendly interface that’s perfect for beginners.
How can I balance daily vlogging with my personal life?
Striking a healthy balance between daily vlogging and your personal life can feel like an uphill battle. There might be times when it seems like the two are at odds with each other. However, with a few simple strategies, you can create harmony between your vlogging activities and daily life routines.
- Plan ahead: Make a clear plan of what you’re going to vlog about each day. This can be a lifesaver, especially on days when you’re short on inspiration. Write down a list of ideas for your vlogs, and schedule them throughout the week. This allows you to maintain consistency in your posts while also freeing up some time for relaxation.
- Set boundaries: It is very important to have a cut-off time for vlogging and editing each day. This will help you avoid the work-life blend, a common pitfall for many content creators. Setting finite work hours will help ensure you have time to recharge and take part in activities that you enjoy, which in turn can foster creativity and prevent burnout.
- Get your loved ones on board: A supportive family and friends can be an incredible resource in your vlogging journey. They can provide much-needed encouragement during your low days, and they may even be willing to get involved and help with vlogging or brainstorming ideas. Ensure you spend quality time with them so they don’t feel sidelined by your vlogging journey.
- Incorporate life events: Incorporate important events happening in your life into your daily vlogs. This can strike a balance as you will not need to break away from your usual life to create content. Whether it’s a friend’s birthday party, a family dinner, or a solo road trip, turning these highlights into content will not only save time but also give your audience a peek into your personal life.
Remember, taking time off from vlogging isn’t a crime—it’s somewhat necessary. It’s important to take breaks, recharge, and come back with fresh energy and enthusiasm. Ultimately, the key to balancing daily vlogging with your personal life is maintaining sensible boundaries and ensuring you take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally.